Thursday, July 19, 2012

What is your personality type?

There is a good chance that at one or more times in your life, probably in school, perhaps in the workplace, someone made you take a personality test. For me, the first time I recall taking one of these personality tests was in college. My results included four letters that meant absolutely nothing to me and a few corresponding career recommendations. Thinking nothing of it, I went on my merry way.
Fast forward a few years and I am in the workplace. Once again I am introduced to this same personality test. This time someone actually explains what it is, what my results mean, and how it can be used.
The personality test I am referring to is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
According to Wikipedia, the MBTI preferences indicate the differences in people based on the following:
  • How they focus their attention or get their energy (extraversion or introversion)
  • How they perceive or take in information (sensing or intuition)
  • How they prefer to make decisions (thinking or feeling)
  • How they orient themselves to the external world (judgment or perception)
The more I learn about MBTI and my type, the more I am fascinated. I am an ENFJ, and the description of my type could not be more accurate. 
ENFJs account for about 2–5% of the population. ENFJs understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others. ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support, encouragement, and a good time to others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this. They take note of what is being done and what needs doing, offering their assistance wherever necessary. They are natural cheerleaders.
ENFJs enjoy organizing group activities and tend to take their commitments seriously. They are reliable and do not like to disappoint others. As team players and leaders, they have a gift for rallying their team, focusing on each member's strengths. They are loyal and they expect loyalty. They carry conversations well, finding common ground with all they speak to. They tend to find the correct and gracious way to respond in any given situation, no matter how tense or uncomfortable it is.
More so than any other type, ENFJs have excellent people skills.
ENFJ: President Ronald Reagan
ENFJ: Oprah Winfrey

What is your personality type? Find out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment